Date: Sunday 26th March Time: 10am - 6pm Price: €90
Intro to Letterpress: Using type & imagery
Level: Complete Beginners to Improvers & Refreshers
Letterpress printing is a form of relief printmaking using a specific press, and describes a process by which multiple copies of an image/text are produced by repeated direct impression of an inked, raised surface against sheets or a continuous roll of paper. Letterpress is a process traditionally used as a means of printing pages of specifically arranged type e.g. printing pages of books.
On this course we will combine images with typesetting, meaning students can create and print designs that combine solid images, line and text. This course is aimed at a variety of people - from those with no experience of printmaking through to those who would like to learn the process in more detail. Letterpress really lends itself to clean, strong, graphic images and as a form of printmaking may appeal to graphic designers, printmakers, sign writers etc. and anyone with a creative bent! This course will include:
• Studio health & safety/best practice
• One-on-one consultation with tutor regarding preparing your image using appropriate software
• Step by step guidance & assistance in preparing your plate and composing your chosen type (type setting)
• Correct use of the letterpress – safety, inking up of press, registration of plate, colour choices, troubleshooting
• Printing multiples of your image
• Cleaning & storage of plates for future use
The focus of this one-day course is to impart every step of the process & images are kept at A5 size or smaller in order to support this aim. Every student will leave with multiple copies of their own print.
|Telephone (061) 311806||3 Johns Square, Limerick||E: email@example.com|