Date: Tues 7th Feb - Tues 11th April Time: 7pm - 9pm weekly Price: €260
Silkscreen 10 week Course - step by step
Level: Complete Beginners to Improvers & Refreshers
Silkscreen printmaking is one of the most recognizable & popular forms of printmaking.
The process involves transferring an image to a mesh screen. The image blocks out the negative space so that when ink is firmly pressed through the screen using a squeegee, the desired areas are printed onto the paper/fabric.
LP’s ten week course will guide you through the entire process under the guidance of LP’s silkscreen tutor Derek O’ Sullivan. The weekly classes allow students to develop their work and ideas as they learn, ensuring their finished prints are fully realised and that each step in the process has been experienced multiple times. Silkscreen printing is ideal for those interested in creating multiple colour fine art prints, flyers, posters, printed cards, tote bags & t-shirts etc.This course will include:
• Studio health & safety/best practice
• Image selection and preparation/colour separation using software
• Screen: Mesh sizes, screen selection and care
• Process of transferring images to screen using photo sensitive emulsion and exposure unit
• Printing: Registration of image, ink & paper selection, printing technique, trouble shooting, creating multiple colour prints
• Information on cleaning/storage of screens
|Telephone (061) 311806||3 Johns Square, Limerick||E: email@example.com|