Date: Sat/Sun 4th/5th Feb Jan Time: 10am - 5pm daily Price: €165
Intensive Silkscreen weekend
Level: Complete Beginners to Improvers & Refreshers
Silkscreen printmaking is one of the most recognizable & popular forms of printmaking and lends itself really well to high volume production and both high contrast and layered multiple colour images.
The process involves transferring an image to a mesh screen. The image blocks out the negative space so that when ink is firmly pressed through the screen using a squeegee, the desired areas are printed onto the paper/fabric. This course will include:
• Studio health & safety/best practice
• Image selection and preparation/colour separation using software
• Screen: Mesh sizes, screen selection and care
• Process of transferring images to screen using photo sensitive emulsion and exposure unit
• Printing: Registration of image, ink & paper selection, printing technique, trouble shooting, creating multiple colour prints
• Information on cleaning/storage of screens
Derek O’ Sullivan is an artist, printmaker, technician and tutor.
He has taught with LP for many years and is an expert on all things silkscreen related.
|Telephone (061) 311806||3 Johns Square, Limerick||E: email@example.com|